Download Sketchy Pharmacology and Microbiology 2017 PDF Free [Direct Link]
Sketchy Pharmacology and Microbiology 2017 PDF
1. Moses Robes are violet – Gram Positive cocci
2. Cat – Catalase Positive
3. Parting of the red sea – Coagulase Positive (will change fibrin to fibrinogen)
4. Bright red B lightbulb – Beta Hemolytic
5. Tall man – Ferments Mannitol Salt Agar turns yellow.
6. Large letter A on Moses Staff – Protein A, Main virulence factor on staph aureus. Protein A is a component of S. Aureus cell wall and it can bind to the FC region of antibodies and this will prevent compliment from occurring. Preventing opsonization and phagocytosis.
7. Nose missing from the sphinx – S. Aureus will colonize the nares
8. Guy pulling the camel down to his knees
a. Coughing – Pneumonia
b. Patchwork quilt – Patchy infiltrate on x-ray
c. Icosahedron shaped lamps – Icosahedron shaped capsule of the virus that will infect after a S. Aureus infection.
d. Bandages on the knees – S. Aureus is the most common cause of Septic Arthritis in adults.
e. Humps with red cloth – Really large erythematous abscesses
9. Spooked camel running to the edge of the cliff – Rapid onset that just happened out of nowhere
a. Clutching chest with hearts – Rapid onset Bacterial Endocarditis
b. Mortar and pestle – IV drug use
c. 3 pyramids in background – Tricuspid valve endocarditis
d. 2 Fish bones – most common cause of osteomyelitis in adults
10. Bald man w/o turban that is all red – Scalded skin syndrome mediated by a protease a. Super Cape on Man – Toxic Shock Syndrome, commonly caused by leaving a bandage in or a tampon, causes nonspecific binding of MHC II to T cell receptors causing over reaction and Cytokine storm.
11. Running Camel with woman holding her mouth – Leads to Food Poisoning. This one is die to preformed toxins not the actual organisms. Usually from meats and mayonnaise. Also comes with salad and cream filled pastries. Usually in 6 hours they will be sick
12. Pharaoh raising hand showing mercy – MRSA – resistant to penicillin Binding proteins
a. Anubis building pyramids – altered builders of the pyramid signifying altered cell walls
13. Van or Caravan – Vancomycin, TXT for S. Aureus.
14. Nafcillin – TXT for methicillin sensitive S. Aureus “Naf for Staph